CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 14, 2011

iOS5, threatening Android much?

Just a little of my own thoughts of the iOS5 craze that's going on lately.

I'm neither supporter of Android nor iOS as I have devices running on both system so somehow I get to compare.

Don't take it seriously if you find my views offending. Again, that's my view and you can always have yours.



Beware Android user,
what you've been bragging over the year, iOS5 has it and it has more function. They implemented it and ehem, surpassed.

Let me highlight a few.

1. The notification bar.
What I loved about Android is it has a pull-down notification and status bar that shows us state of the phone and other new notifications which IS very cool because you won't miss out any of it! If you've read it, just press a simple button 'Clear' and you're good.

Now, iOS5 come out with this new 'Notification Center'
Oh god, so many similarities : Pulled down, classified and clear-able(by category!!!)

This problem of iPhone users that always miss out their notifications is now solved.

2. Check App Usage
Managing app usage is so convenient in Android devices as you can view, delete or clear cache in the phone without a pc. Users can always free up space by clearing memory or cache. And delete or uninstall the app under a roof.

Last month, iPhone users can't do that, always fear of the limitations of storage capacity but, now they do!
Under Settings>General>Usage they can have a full view of the spaces that apps are consuming and they can delete rightaway there.

Similarity sensed.

3. Alternate Routes on Maps

I've never used the maps on my iDevice so I didn't realize how cool is it until one day I was lost in the city with my friend. He turned on the map on his iPhone, showed me some cool feature and I was blown away. That small little light that show me which direction to go is super cool. They even can track down my location specifically to walking distance!

Made our life much easier, and with this new feature of dragging on map for alternate route,
iOS5 win.

4. One key to camera
So cool that developers know how irritate it is when we wanna take a quick shot of the moment but had to go through few steps to reach the camera app! They even understand that now everything is about speed. One second late and you'll miss the chance of recording great moments.

Now, it's at the lock screen!! Great for us to capture the moment, just ONE step.

5. Twitter!!!
As an active Twitter user, I find Android adorable because it allows me to share anything from anywhere! The share button leads me to choices of any social network I'm using, any email or even notes app.
Previous iOS only allow to share as msg or email. HOW BORING.
Now, iOS5 inserted Twitter as an option to share! Still, it doesn't allow many sharing platform as Android are but Twitter wraps it all.
But, where's Facebook! Everyone shares things on Facebook! I see Mark hasn't agree on that huh.

Btw, Android links Facebook everywhere in the device fr contacts to photos. Pretty cool but I didn't use it because it will eat up most of my phone memory as I have a big amount of friends on Fb
New iOS5 link social network to contacts too - TWITTER USERNAME!!


That's all! First time I write comparison post. Hope I did a good job. This idea came out of nowhere and I'm inspired to do it!

Point is, what made Android so special has now been threaten as iOS5 featured them.


As said, I'm just highlighting some features from both platform.

There's so many other ways that Android is cooler than iOS5 such as the widget, 7 pages window, personalized etc.
Vice versa, iOS5 has iCloud, iMessage and SIRI (PREPARE FOR SIRI error joke!
Pity the non-English speakers. How is iPhone4S gonna sell in Asian Market!)

Still, there's options for Android to have the same cool features on iOS5. The answers are on Google.



Don't choose your side and turn yourselves to blind fanboy of it as both of it has to improve all the time to make the world a better place.
(Competition yoooooooooooo!)

Typical Libra, never choose.

0 friends commented: