CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 3, 2012

First official road trip in my life

Ee Loe, Julius, Melissa, Chong Hao & Liza
'Summer is the best time for making random road trips with friends.' That's what my friend told me.
And I did! Not randomly but a nicely planned with some random events.

Last November, a summer road trip to Fraser Island.
In short, it has magnificently beautiful ocean with brilliant shades of blues, calm ocean, clear refreshing fresh water lake with the clearest lake water I've ever seen, immense sand blows stretched to the infinity like desert.
Now you have some idea of how beautiful it is?

I'm lucky enough to have awesome trip buddies and unforgettable experience.
Trust me, I dont even know 2 of them before this trip. 
First time I met them is the day we departed from Brisbane. 
And the stories began.
Jaw-dropping and breath-taking views that we visited every single day. 
Of sea, lakes, sand dunes and sand island.
I'm not expressive but I really love that trip.

Another surprise on the way to Hervey Bay, drove pass Mary River and saw the sun is rising from the end!
So we stopped  the car aside and went back to the bridge to take photos!
Morning mist at Sydney Street. We were on our way to Hervey Bay.
Had to stop down because it's something I haven't seen before.


It was half a year ago (can't believe time past THAT fast!) so I barely remember what time we reached Hervey Bay. 
Fraser Island is a sand island where normal vehicle is not allowed to drive on it. 4WD will do the job. 
When we reached Hervey Bay, we rented a 4WD equipped with camping gear. Watched a 15 mins video of what to do and what NOT to do while we're driving and travelling on the island. My fear started to crept in a little bit when I was watching that video. 
They showed how the car crashed into pieces when they didn't drive carefully on soft and wet sand, how dangerous it is if we drive during high tide, fatal accident if we didn't follow the instruction and also how the Dingoes will attack us if we didn't do proper precautions!
It all depends on how the driver drives the car, awww, Chong Hao must be super stress! 

This is the barge that welcomes all the travelers to Fraser Island for their coming exciting trip!
As you can see, the 4WD will board one by one and parked closely side by side.

This is our lao 4WD! heehee!
I like that it look like this, vintage and adventurous.









As the world's largest sand island, Fraser island is very well controlled with lots of restrictions. They made extensive effort to preserve it's ecological purity and authenticity especially on dingoes and shorebirds. So all the visitors are educated before, during and even after we reached the island. Directive signboards are everywhere so there's no reason that you dont know where to throw your rubbish, how to drive your car and protect yourself from dingo attack!

This trip is kinda adventurous because we are totally isolated from the mainland as there's no signal on phone or electricity. No cemented or nicely built motel for you to sleep, no proper tar road for you to drive, general stores are available every few kms and that's all.
We spent 3 days and 2 nights over there.
First night we set up our camp at some random camp site by a lake. My god that night was scary! It's a small fenced compound and we're the only human being there. That night I couldn't sleep well. I'm so scared of the dingo may come and attack us. Any small noise woke us up. I had to pick a long thick stick and hold it when I was sleeping. Just in case the dingo come, it can be a pretty good defense 'weapon'. Thank god nothing happened except for the crow came and stole our chips. Fell asleep under the starry starry night and woke up with the buzz of the disturbing sandflies. Later I'll show you a photo of how it looks like.

2nd night is better. Pre-booked a camp site at Dundubarra and surprisingly there's alot of people there! Some even came with big caravans and they looked super chillax. It has nicely built toilet, basin for you to wash all your cookery, and even an electrical BBQ stove! However, I saw monitor lizards creeping around our camp and the fact that I'm really afraid of it made me feel scared to sleep because there's chance that it'll come into our camp.




panorama shoot of Lake McKenzie 

Our cook preparing our food!

Maheno Wreck, honestly I don't remember the history about it. Probably about how the island is discovered?
The girls in the trip, look how tanned am I!



Drove along the west coast and visited some tourist attraction.
Indian Heads is one of the unforgettable place.

Everyone gasped in surprise when the pristine turqoise ocean that stretched to few km came into our view.
It was beyond wonderful and I can't believe what I was seeing.
The air turned serene and I hope that moment stop forever. I wish I can wake up everyday to this scene.
We totally forgot how blazing hot the sun was, this breathtaking view took all our attention.


My foot & Liza's with the sea with beautiful transition of blue.


Taken on Dolphin's Cove. I say it has the most beautiful view on Fraser Island.


Can't believe how tanned I'll be without the hat and shades!





Beautiful sea. Spot our vintage white 4WD? 


On the way up to Dolphin Cove
Hello Liza!!!
Love this photo! Filled with the happiness of summer island trip! :)
Wungul Sandblow
Followed a pathway from Dundubarra camp site where we set up our camp on the second night.
Never expect to see this! 

Jump shot!
Our palm print on the untouched piece of sand!




Liza's artwork
Enjoying the soft and fine sands while the fella wearing hat is digging, hoping to find water source.

Ahhhhhh, looks like there's no limit. Blue sky and cotton clouds. Nice...

THIS IS THE ANNOYING SAND FLY!!!!
It ruined our mood and attacked us like they never seen a human before.
Crazy monster that looks like a hybrid of bee, mosquito, fly and beetle.
Once it penetrates through your skin, it feels like an instant electrical shock through your body.
And it is EVERYWHERE. From camp site to lakes.
We weren't warned about this before the trip. If I've known earlier, I'll pack myself with super effective insect repellent.
There's only one thing I appreciate about is the flies rest with the sun. Somehow it all disappeared with then sun set but when the sun rise, I hear the annoying buzz outside the tent and sighed.  

Liza & I in the beautiful Lake Mckenzie.
Water is so clear and reflecting the brilliant blue of sky.
The last day everyone's camera & phone batter ran out so no pictures are taken until we went back to the mainland. Spent another night at Hervey Bay at Backpackers street.
That station is named as Backpackers. How cute.





















Steve Irwin & his kid's statue at Mooloolaba facing the big ocean.

Best Pizza!
5 of us!
To conclude this trip, feel free to click on the video I made!
Hope you'll enjoy the video and feel it!
:)


Fraser Island 4D4N from EeLoe on Vimeo.

0 friends commented: